From on High

I retort. You decide.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

NEWS ALERT From on High

Shortly after midnight this evening my roommates and I were relaxing in the living room of our quiet abode on High Street when we heard an argument outside on the street followed by a series loud gunshots. Even though we're on the second floor, we instinctively ducked down near the ground. After the shots stopped, we looked outside to see what was going on. The people involved had apparently gotten away, but within a few minutes, four police cars had arrived and the cops were scouring the sidewalk for shell casings. Being the thrill-seekers that we are, we walked right over to the crime scene, where we saw a Jeep Cherokee that had several bullet holes in it. We then came back to our apartment and watched things from our window. Within about 15 minutes, the police had detained some individuals for questioning and the number of police cars in the area increased to six or seven. The commotion went on for a good hour or so. Things finally seem to have quieted down now. It's been quite a spectacle. I have a feeling my roommate, a big fan of the show Cops, got his fill for the night, as did I. High Street is a dangerous place. (And now you know where the name of my blog came from)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home